Knowledge-building for all through curriculum, professional learning, and implementation support
Great Minds was approved for the PLPG in February 2023.
The "Types of support we offer" and "Our curriculum expertise" are evaluated and approved by Rivet Education; all other information is self-reported. We recommend that you confirm details with each partner directly.
Who we are
26-50% are non-white
Where we work
We have worked here
We are also willing to work here
Types of districts that we have experience working with
- Traditional District
- Fewer than 2,500 students
- 2,500 to 10,000 students
- 10,000 to 50,000 students
- 50,000 to 100,000 students
- More than 100,000 students
- Greater than 60% of economically disadvantaged students
- Greater than 20% of English language learners
- Greater than 20% of students with disability
- Greater than 80% students of color
This partner's approach and services
How we build district capacity
• foundational knowledge-building learning options:
• personalized sessions on systems planning and implementation;
• coaching series, in which teachers, coaches, and leaders build knowledge and skills for effective coaching; and
• partner and leader programs and networks that offer strategic support for school and district stakeholders.
How we provide curriculum-aligned PL
Our short-term professional learning sessions build skills and knowledge through active, inquiry-based learning. They deepen educators’ knowledge of foundational research and of the curriculum and curricular supports for diverse students and develop educators’ skills in delivering the curriculum effectively.
Great Minds coaches partner with educators to offer coaching focused on effective implementation. Sessions build skills with classroom observations, and the Coaching Series offers a shared, coherent experiences for educators to build skills with focusing and pacing instruction and fostering students’ productive struggle.
Our leaders program strengthens leaders or teacher-leaders’ capacity within a district or school to collaborate with educators to build the knowledge and skills needed to effectively teach our curriculum. Our partners program gives school and district leaders regular opportunities to collaboratively explore solutions to common implementation and leadership challenges.
We customize long-term support for partners. Our ongoing success services include customizable, tailored coaching to meet schools’ and districts’ specific needs, structures, and goals. We can focus on specific instructional goals and practices and on support for broader systems and structures.